Join the team!
We have some additional roles we need to fill this year for the 2022 fest on a committee level. If any of these volunteer positions interest you, we would love to hear from you! You can email either of our Festival Co-Chairs, Sanee Lombardi, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Beth McAvoy, email@example.com. Let us know if you have questions about any of the positions.
This volunteer position would lead volunteer operations for the weekend of the festival, areas of responsibility for this position include:
- Coordinating volunteer recruitment with the marketing committee through social media, and possibly through outreach to different volunteer organizations in the community.
- Ensuring that registered Middle Waves volunteers receive their discounted or complimentary ticket for the festival.
- Setting up and overseeing Volunteer Headquarters onsite at the festival, including checking volunteers in and checking on volunteers throughout the festival.
This volunteer would act as the liaison between the Parks Department (who manages the Ticketmaster system) and the Middle Waves planning team. Various areas of responsibility for this position include:
- Create timely reports on the number of tickets sold through Ticketmaster throughout the months leading up to the festival.
- Coordinating with the sponsorship committee on festival tickets that need to be generated and delivered to the various Middle Waves sponsors.
- Coordinating with the hospitality committee on festival tickets that need to be generated and delivered to the bands as a part of their festival rider.
- Acting as the onsite Middle Waves point person for ticketing during the festival.
This position will work with the logistics team to oversee parking operations of the festival. This position will coordinate with the Logistics committee to:
- Create and execute the plan for directing traffic throughout the festival weekend.
- Potentially coordinator with partner businesses to allow for overflow parking in their commercial lots and provide transit to festival grounds.
Social Media Coordinator:
This position on the marketing committee requires strong writing skills to help coordinate posting and planning content for Middle Waves’ social media accounts. Various responsibilities of the position include:
- Working with the marketing chair and photo team the weekend of the festival to post coverage of the event on the festival’s social media pages.
- Assisting with copy needs for social media posts leading up to the festival.
- Attending marketing committee meetings (in-person or virtually).
- Possibly explore new channels to reach larger audiences.
- Possibly coordinate with bands to plan and execute artist takeovers leading up to the festival and behind the scenes experiences the weekend of the festival.
Additional Miniwaves Volunteers:
Volunteers for Miniwaves would work with the vibe art installation chair and help with coordinating day-of events and vendors, as well as assisting with longterm planning.
Middle Waves, LLC is a volunteer-run, nonprofit community event. It is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit status organization, and relies on the financial support of local businesses and individuals.